Nib Wall Construction
A $10.5m resilience project which includes a Nib Wall will help deliver increased protection for the marina, which is exposed to northerly waves during certain weather conditions.
Port Binnli has been working with the Federal, State and Local government along with several consultants to ensure the right design was implemented for the benefit of the Marina.
* Due to unforeseen circumstances the construction works will continue until mid-October (weather permitting).
* The Principal Contractor, Hall Contracting will be building a 120m long rock wall on the inside of the Southern Breakwater, just inside the current marina entrance.
* This project received grant funding from the Australian Government.
* The Southern Breakwater wall will be closed to pedestrian and cyclist traffic during the working hours between 6am and 6pm, it will be open to pedestrians and cyclists outside of these.
* The breakwater will be closed to vehicles for the duration of the construction.
For further information you can visit the Mackay Marina office on Mulherin Drive, Mackay Harbour, contact Ben Anderson on (07) 4955 6855 or visit the website at www.mackaymarina.com